I knew I was having a Boy, but if you didn’t know whether it was a boy or girl you could just use white or yellow or green ribbon instead. And of course, if you know your having a girl then use Pink ribbon.
For the full how to press read more bellow or view our youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhIR_oybFU
Candles (I bought mine from the dollar store for $3 each)
Ribbon (enough to go round each candle, I used 1/2 inch wide ribbon)
Burlap (again enough to go round each candle)
1. Measure the circumference of your candle and add 1 inch to the measurement.
2. Cut your ribbon to the final length as calculated in step 1.
3. Cut your Burlap into a strip same length as calculated in step 1, and wide enough to show on each side of your ribbon. So in my case I cut mine 1 inch wide, which allowed it to show half an inch on each side of my 1/2 inch wide ribbon.
4. Lay the ribbon on top of the Burlap and wrap it around the centre of the candle.
5. When you get back to where you started, Fold the ribbon and Burlap under 1/2 inch to neaten the edge and lay it down to overlap the start point.
6. Slowly push in the pin to secure in place. If you candle is thin, push the pin in on an angle to ensure it doesn’t poke out the other side.
7. On the opposite side to your dress pin, attach the diaper pin to the ribbon. And trim any loose Burlap threads.
Voila! The perfect ‘Make your Own’ baby shower favour for under $3.50 each. Budget friendly and beautiful.
My guests decided they would all light theirs the day he arrived to celebrate his arrival into the world – which was a lovely idea that all these candles would be burning at the same time to celebrate Harry’s arrival!
If you would like to watch a video with Step by Step Instructions on how to create your own Burlap Wrapped Candle click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhIR_oybFU
You’ve gotta love Burlap!